User Experience Designer
Who we are:
Conversable is a funded software startup working on a SaaS platform for building enterprise-class chat/voice bots. Our founding team has started and sold several companies, have worked at companies like Zynga, Yahoo, Demand Media (among many others), and are alumni of Princeton, UPenn, MIT, and Duke.
Our client list includes Fortune 1000 companies such as Pizza Hut, Whole Foods, Wingstop, Viacom (MTV EMA), TGI Fridays (check out their Facebook Messenger chat bots!), partnerships with companies like EY, Booz Allen Hamilton and Olo.
What the role is:
This is a pretty unique job. We're looking for a Swiss army knife / person who wears many hats. Cliche for a startup? Yep. But, we're a small team and scrappy, so we need someone with that mindset - someone who learns quickly, is detail-oriented, organized, and most importantly, gets things done.
The primary responsibility of this role is to design and oversee the user experience for Conversable’s clients to ensure seamless usability and optimal workflow design. This is a hybrid designer position that requires both interaction and visual design skills. You will be responsible for wireframes and visual layout, owning the entire design process.
Here are examples of things you'll be doing:
- Rapidly develop user flows, wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity mock ups.
- Ensure design deliverables adhere to high design standards.
- Collaborate with product team, project managers, engineers and clients to define experience strategy and create intuitive and delightful experiences.
- And a bunch of other things we haven't even thought of!
- Must live in or around Dallas, TX or Austin, TX
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- BA/BS in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field
- 2+ years experience in mobile, product, interaction or information design
- A portfolio exhibiting both visual and interaction design experience
- A clear understanding of user-centered design principles
- Knowledge of design tools including Adobe Suite and Sketch
- Knowledge of responsive web design
- Experience working in fast-paced startups a plus
- Collaborative spirit in a fast-growing design team